Saturday, April 9, 2011

Early April - Building Slowly

Blogging about bicycling has been light lately. The weather has not been particularly cooperative -- especially to those of us who have to concentrate our riding on the weekends. Plus, my foray into California Wine Country seems to have placed excessive strain on my Achilles tendon. Thus, while I had planned to hit daily mileages in the 70s this weekend, reality will drop that to somewhat less. A century at the end of the month will be a challenge, but not insurmountable. A fast century will have to wait until summer.

But, Saturday has arrived and I've been to the doctor about the tendon, so I'm preparing to put some mileage into the books. I'm leading a Potomac Pedalers ride on Sunday: an old favorite out in Warrenton through Virginia horse country. I'm hoping the weather will cooperate (showers are forecast), and that I can connect with other cyclists. Unfortunately, a restaurant that had been a favorite post-ride gathering place for the Pedalers, Napoleons, has closed. Welcome to the New Century!

No comments:

Post a Comment