Thursday, April 21, 2011

Anticipation!

Well, it's been a pretty good two weeks. My ankle has healed, allowing me to put on a little more mileage, a lot more frequently. I was able to get out in the mornings -- the best time to ride -- for the past several days. The big test will come on Saturday. I've planned a 75-mile 'dry run' of the century. I'll rest up on Friday, and spend Sunday (Easter) recovering.

A few more rides next week, and we light this candle: April 30 Tarwheel Century. My wife and I will drive to Elizabeth City on Friday night, and the ride will begin at 8AM on Saturday.

It's an understatement to say that I've been churning over the Tarwheel for several months now. Most of my cycling, and a large portion of my life has been organized around preparation for this milestone. The last full century I completed was in July 2005, in Wenatchee Washington. After three more aborted attempts in 2005, my bike riding tapered off.

No comments:

Post a Comment