Saturday, July 16, 2011

Recuperation

It has taken a while to recover from the crash. While my helmet saved me, I landed squarely on the head so my neck took the full weight of the fall. Needless to say, it is taking a while for the tissue to repair itself. The doctor says I can't get on a bike until I'm pain-free. While every day is a little better, progress is agonizingly slow. I canceled the New York ride this weekend. I was only doing it because it sounded like a lot of fun: riding around the Hudson River valley. The next century is scheduled for July 31, some two weeks from now. I expect I'll be cleared to ride, but will I still be century-ready?

Alas, every challenge has its setbacks. I'll get there. It just might take me a bit longer. I really don't like doing centuries in July anyway. It's just too danged hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment