Sunday, July 17, 2011

Can You Bike Off the Pounds?


I realize that there are folks who post pictures of themselves just after an accident. I have such pictures, but I just can't bring myself to put them up. Call me vain, but my bruised-face photo would make you wince. Instead, I decided to post side-by-side pictures of me between November 2010 and July 2011.

On the right, in today's photo, you will see our slowly healing hero. I still have some trouble moving my neck around, so I'm clearly stiff. And, my deepest cut was to the inside of my lip. This is taking a while to heal. It gives my face the kind of 'bar fight' look that just drives women wild.

But I thought this would answer the question, once and for all, as to whether a bicycling regimen can deliver weight loss. As of this morning, I've lost over eighty pounds. This has come through a mix of careful monitoring of what I eat (I write everything down), drinking lots of water, and getting out on the bike every chance I can.

To help me control my calories and eat well, I use the Diet-to-Go program. I pick up my weekday meals at the gym. They prepare my lunch and dinner for Sunday night through Friday lunch. The food is fresh, and you can tinker with the menu selections to get only the meals you like. At this point, I look forward to every meal. I tried sending them my before-and-after photos, but -- get this -- they have so many that they don't need mine! I think that's a rather amazing testimonial to their effectiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment